i dont trust people who are organised enough to balance a fuck ton of school stuff on top of a normal life because you know who else could do that??? fucking light yagami
i’ve seen more posts of people being excited for Home than this movie, which made me upset because this movie comes out before Home does (not that i am saying that you shouldn’t praise Home as well). and as for Big Hero 6 (a movie that also comes out after the Book of Life) and the people saying that there is a lack of representation of Asians in media, i feel you. why? because there is a bigger lack of hispanics, and i agree Disney messed up, you be upset. but be happy for Hispanics as well because we finally got an animated movie representing us and our culture. so please go see this movie when it comes out.
that is all i ask.
im soexcited about this movie but i keep seeing this post and want to add that everyone should also keep in mind that dia de los muertos is specifically MEXICAN. la muerte (santa muerte) and a lot of what is being depicted is seen primarily in MEXICAN culture and should not be lumped together in its entirety as a “hispanic” thing.
I need to explain a little bit more about the cast, because seriously this is so cool:
The cast of characters in the movie is almost entirely Mexican, save for a few minor characters who (from what I can tell) aren’t relevant to the plot. The voice cast is ALL POC with like 3 exceptions, and most of the cast members are Mexican, meaning that this is a story being told by characters and by people who have a direct cultural connection to it. That’s huge.
ALL OF THIS AND MORE! GO SEE IT!
Hispanics need so much more representation then we get <3
Yayy culturesss <333
if your eyeballs haven’t exploded from the colours, save them for the movie
god I am so excited to see this film aaaaaahhh I saw the trailer IN A THEATER when I saw the Boxtrolls, and sdfgkjhh IT’S A THOUSAND TIMES PRETTIER IN A THEATER YOU GUYS IT’S HUGE, IT’S AMAZING
La Catrina is so.. beautiful…… so beautiful, she is made of candy… omg
I’m convinced Kiss You will always be a jam catch me at my 100th birthday party in the middle of the dance floor breaking a hip dancing to it.
Just your daily reminders:
- Racists are a problem
- White people are not
- Homophobes are a problem
- Straight people are not
- Transphobes are a problem
- Cis people are not
- Sexists are a problem
- Men are not
And most importantly,
- Hating an innocent person solely because of their race, sexuality, or gender makes you a fucking asshole
Just some actual daily reminders:
- All white people do racist things without being aware they are
- All straight people do homophobic things without being aware that they are.
- All Cis people do transphobic things without being aware that they are.
- All men do sexist things without being aware that they are.
- Saying things like ‘some men’, ‘some cis people’ absolves the blame of individuals and only seeks to comfort those with privilege and power.
- When a post says ‘some X’, the X will always assume that they are not because THEY ARE NOT AWARE.
And most importantly,
- It’s called metonymy, when anyone who is oppressed makes an exasperated statement like ‘i hate straight people’, they are substituting straight people for the concept of a system and a culture that teaches, incentives, and legitimizes homophobic acts and normalizes homophobic acts so that straight people constantly do honophobic things without realizing it and that’s really fucking annoying.
And just as important,
- The concept of sjws dehumanizes marginalized people and categorizes them as an ‘angry and emotional’ stereotype and only adds to the oppression of marginalized people under the guise of being ‘fair’, while the only thing you are doing is cushioning privileged people from their own ignorance and privilege.
Translation: if your fool head is so far up your ass that you can’t see that your minor hurt feelings when you’re included as part of the problem don’t matter, you are part of the fucking problem.
1D TOTALLY RIPPED OFF NEW FOUND GLORY!!!
What I love the most about skulls is their “in your face” attitude